Hello friends and happy Friday! I hope you all had a good day, one that was better than mine was. Continuing with the theme of Armentrout April, today’s COTW comes from one of her series that I actually read early on this year. I’ve had a somewhat interesting relationship with this character with a lot of ups and downs, though they weren’t life threatening or super serious. There was some teetering on the edge with them, I suppose. But in the end, I ended up really loving this character and I’m glad they developed the way they did.
This week’s character is…..
WHO IS THIS CHARACTER?
If you haven’t read JLA’s paranormal NA trilogy, Wicked, you’re missing out for sure. Ren is the main male character/love interest in this series and honestly, I wasn’t sure what to think of him at first. I was relatively certain that Ren was going to be the one to betray Ivy so I’m glad I was wrong about that. Before I dive into Ren’s character I should probably give some background on the series. Basically, there are fae and then there are people who hunt fae; Ren would be one of the latter. In fact, there’s a whole group who hunt fae known as the Order and Ren belongs to that. But once he meets Ivy and gets tangled up in her story, Ren’s entire perspective on this world changes. He no longer looks at the fae situation as black and white, right versus wrong, and finding out Ivy was a halfling had a lot to do with that, since hunting down halflings was his job. Other than all of that and protecting and saving Ivy regardless of her halfling status, the thing I love most about Ren is how aware he is of his surroundings and how he assess each situation he’s in. Especially when it comes to handling Ivy after her traumatic captive experience, he does everything he can to make her comfortable and to get her to talk to him and he in turn talks to her. He’s big on communication and I really like that. Ren is a character that went from me not being able to trust him to falling for him completely and it’s through his actions and development and I love it. It also helps that he’s super hot and swoon worthy and anyone who says they don’t love Ren is a dirty liar.
- His full name is Renald Owens
- He’s 6’3
- He is originally from Colorado
- He belongs to the Elite, which is a “secret” group within the Order
- He loves beignets
- He has forest green eyes and dark hair
- He does not like Tink
- He’s super touchy-feely
- He can fold a fitted sheet
- He loves Ivy Morgan
- “Was that an invitation? Because I’m willing to get to know you in any way possible if that means I get to taste your cake.”
- “You are so many amazing things, Ivy, but most of all, you are so damn brave.”
- [“I was thinking—”] “That’s what I smelled!”
- “I’m looking at you, Sweetness. Always am, even when my eyes aren’t on you.”
- “I love you, Ivy. I think you’re beautiful and sexy as hell. You’re funny and so damn intelligent that sometimes I don’t feel worthy.”
Until next time,