Hello friends and happy Saturday!
Oh my goodness, can you believe that it’s already December? This is pure insanity! Not only does it mean that we’re that much closer to finishing off yet another year but it’s almost time for Christmas and I am very excited. But you know what else is exciting? The monthly wrap up! Not to, like, toot my own horn or anything, but I had a very good reading month. It’s not my all time record for reading but it’s pretty close.
- The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout – ☆☆☆☆ I’m still shocked that this was simply a WattPad story that JLA did for fun because it was SO good! The whole thrill to it was great, the romance was so cute, and I loved the layered twists at the end.
- Rewrite the Stars by Charleigh Rose – ☆☆3/4 I mean, this book was fine but it wasn’t great. There was a bit of an ick factor to the romance and how it was all built up, but the plot was pretty good. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t technically hate it.
- Royally Yours by Emma Chase – ☆☆☆ Not my favourite from Miss Chase and while the characters were lovely, the book was too short for all that Chase wanted to cover. But I love Lenora so much and it was so interesting getting to know her.
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake – ☆☆☆☆ This series just gets better and better and I’m so pleased with where the plot is starting to go. The character development is fantastic and it seems like the crown could really go anywhere and I can’t wait to see how it all ends.
- Sadie by Courtney Summers – ☆☆☆☆3/4 This book is just a must read for everyone. I’ve been haunted by it ever since I finished it and I don’t think I’ll ever not think about how powerful this book was.
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout – ☆☆☆3/4 I love being back in the Lux universe and it’s lovely seeing Luc in this new spinoff. The plot is promising, the characters are nice, and it’s a new take on this universe as well. It’s a great start for what I’m sure will be another fantastic series.
- The Reckoning of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin – ☆☆☆☆ I love how complimentary this series is it its predecessor and I very much enjoyed how informative this particular book was. Others might not, but I’m weird so I loved it. Also, that cliffhanger had me screaming for hours.
- Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout – ☆☆☆3/4 I had a pretty hard time with this series but I loved that it ended on such a high note. The final journey that Layla went on in this book, and finally ending that pesky love triangle, made me quite happy. It was a struggle, but in the end it was kind of worth it.
- Let’s Get Textual by Teagan Hunter – ☆☆☆1/2 I read this for the title because it was hilarious, and so was the book. I enjoyed the overall plot and loved how the typical NA cliches weren’t utilized here, making it a very fun book.
- I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter – ☆☆☆1/2 Another great title that has me singing Color Me Badd for DAYS, it put a smile on my face as much as the previous one did. Also, Caleb Mills is my new dream guy and I want at least 5 of him.
- Can’t Text This by Teagan Hunter – ☆☆☆ Sadly, this wasn’t as good as the previous books of the series and I got to the point where the characters all sounded the same and the author’s narrative style kind of got on my nerves. But, the story and romance was still fun. Just not as fun as the other two.
READING CHALLENGE UPDATE
As of December 1, I am 92% done my Reading Challenge and I am 1 book ahead schedule. I have read 92 out of 100 books, not including rereads. Can you believe I’m ACTUALLY ahead of schedule?! Because I can’t! We’re finally in the home stretch, people. We got this!
Currently, I am reading Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I only have 4 more books of hers to read to finish up my personal JLA reading challenge. I also have The Awakening of Ren Crown by Anne Zoelle going but have slightly abandoned it. I’ll finish it eventually.
Until next time,